Indonesia - Bali Sea Turtle Rescue
This project centres around a conservation organization which aims to spread conservation-based knowledge while assisting and caring for turtles. The project receives injured turtles from local fisherman and the fully dedicated team cares for the turtles until they are ready to be released into the sea again. They also care for new hatchlings until they are big enough to survive on their own in the sea. The project has strong affiliations with a number of worldwide marine conservation organizations where all the data about the turtles is then sent and tracked.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Feeding the turtles and monitoring their health
- Cleaning the turtle tanks
- Cleaning and collecting corals for the sanctuary
- Light construction work
- Attending educational awareness classes
- Looking after sick or injured turtles
- Patrolling the beach for turtle eggs and nurturing new hatchlings for survival
- Creating protected turtle beach areas
- Collecting data to send to world marine conservation organizations
Project length: Min 2 weeks - Max 12 weeks
Product code: GE007
- Accommodations: Shared room in a hostel
- Food: Three meals a day during the week, two meals on weekends
- Airport Transfers: Included on arrival day and from orientation location to project site
- Insurance: Comprehensive travel health insurance with volunteer abroad coverage
- Orientation: You will receive a week-long (Monday-Friday) introduction to Bali's culture in Penestanan Kaja village just outside Ubud center. This orientation includes a walking tour of the local markets, attending a Balinese traditional dance show, taking Balinese language classes, participating in painting and flower classes, and visiting famous temples.
- Support: Local in-country team and 24-hour emergency support
What's not Included
Flights, personal expenses, visa.