Childcare Program in Peru
Each centre has only one caregiver and very basic utilities (small old beds, old sheets and blankets, and few pillows). Therefore, the value of having volunteers in these centres is obviously great. Age of Children – 6 months to 4 year olds.
The main goal of the project is to promote the ideal that young generations are the most determinative factor for the future growth of a nation, this kindergarten provides English language exposure and cultural exchange opportunities as a means of broadening the children’s horizons. The project also aids in providing support and assistance to the kindergarten teachers who are faced with large classes and administrative work.Speaking English is an invaluable skill that opens the door to future prospects and opportunities. This kindergarten aims to start teaching English at a young age, between 2-4 years old, so they too will have a better chance to succeed in their future careers.
Volunteer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Playing with kids and spending time with them.
- Running different types of art & Craft activities.
- Teaching basic English alphabets and elementary Math.
- Helping them to prepare in studies to get them into Kindergarten schools.
- Guiding them on personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Helping the care takers in different tasks and taking care of the kids.
Duration: 14 days
Product Reference: Volunteering Solutions in Peru - Childcare program