TASMANIAN SEAFOOD SEDUCTION
This full-day cruise begins on Hobart's vibrant waterfront, amongst the fishing boats moored at Constitution Dock. You will cruise aboard one of our brand new custom-built vessels, featuring a spacious enclosed cabin and luxury leather seats. You'll be one of up to 12 guests treated to an unforgettable day of indulgence and relaxation.
We cruise down the Derwent River and into the sheltered waters of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel that surround Bruny Island. As we voyage south, we leave all traces of civilisation behind.
Our guides know these waters intimately. They've grown up in this wilderness environment, with its picturesque landscapes and beautiful deserted beaches. Throughout the day they'll provide an entertaining insight into the surrounding landscapes and animals. Such local knowledge only comes from spending years in and around these clean blue waters.
Our first taste of the day is at Get Shucked oyster farm where we harvest oysters from the crystal blue water. Slurp the succulent, salty oysters straight from the shell. We'll pause at the edge of one of Bruny Island's secluded bays so your guide can jump in and snorkel for abalone and sea urchin.
Look around you and take in the pristine surroundings - the clear blue water, clean air, deserted beaches and beautiful bays are the source of this delicious fresh produce.
Back on board the boat and it's time to enjoy the fruits of our morning gatherings. Join your guide as they prepare a bountiful seafood feast - rock lobster, abalone, sea urchin, mussels, oysters, sashimi, salmon. This is paired with a delicious gourmet spread of fresh local breads, salads and artisan cheeses, and matched with Bruny Island Premium Wines, Jansz Sparkling, boutique Moo Brew beers, Willie Smiths & Frank's cider and locally-made organic juices.
- Relax as one of up to 12 guests, looked after by 2 local guides. Throughout the day you will enjoy a range of local Tasmanian produce, including:
- Wild Abalone - your guide will jump in and snorkel to catch wild abalone, which are prepared and served onboard the boat.
- Rock Lobster - delicious Southern Rock Lobster (known locally as crayfish) is the centrepiece of your gourmet lunch. Tasmanian Rock Lobster are extremely sought-after and exported all of the world.
- Oysters - enjoy wild oysters from the farm of the multi-award winning producer 'Get Shucked'.
- Salmon - visit a salmon farm and enjoy locally grown sashimi, hot-smoked and cold-smoked salmon.
- Sea Urchin - your guide will gather these delicious seafood delicacies from the crystal clear waters around Bruny Island.
- Beer & Cider - savour locally made organic cider and boutique beer including Moo Brew and Willie Smiths.
- Wine - taste some of Tasmania's cool climate wine varieties including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Jansz sparkling.