PALM COVE & CAPE TRIBULATION
- ENJOY A 4WD ADVENTURE OF THE DAINTREE RAINFOREST
- VISIT COOKTOWN, KURANDA, LAKE MITCHELL & MORE
INCLUDES ACCOMMODATION, MEALS & MORE
It’s a common dilemma when travelling - do too much and it doesn’t feel like a holiday, but do too little and it feels like a wasted opportunity. That’s not going to happen on this trip! A perfect blend of relaxation and adventure, it allows you to embrace the barefoot bliss of Palm Cove and the Tropical North, together with a 4WD discovery tour the majestic Daintree Rainforest.
Begin with a night at leisure in beautiful Palm Cove, known for its gorgeous palm-lined waterfront and dining scene, and then embark on a small group 4WD tour into the heart of the UNESCO listed rainforest. Marvel at 20,000-year-old aboriginal rock art at Split Rock; delve into the region’s heritage at Cooktown, including a stop to view the mangrove-lined Endeavour River from Grassy Hill; and travel along the Bloomfield Track to Cape Tribulation. Along the way you’ll witness emerald forest, snaking rivers, and glimpses of the unique wildlife that calls the region home. After returning to Palm Cove, and enjoying some free time, you’ll also get to ride the 7.5km-long Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to Kuranda Village, admiring stunning views as you glide metres above the treetops.
This amazing package includes five relaxing nights accommodation at the 4-star Hotel Grand Chancellor Palm Cove, as well as two unforgettable nights at Mungumby Lodge - a secluded and private wilderness retreat whose past guests include Sir David Attenborough.
Want to visit the Great Barrier Reef while you're here? Optional full day tour also available.
- Enjoy small group touring max. 12 guests per 4WD
- Embrace the laid-back vibe of Palm Cove at leisure
- View the Coral Sea over the Endeavour River from Grassy Hill
- Admire the picturesque Quarantine Bay near Cooktown
- Travel along the dusty Bloomfield Track through the Daintree which straddles the Coral Sea
- View approx. 20,000-yr-old Aboriginal rock art at Split Rock
- Drive past the Black Mountain to the historical town of Cooktown
- Stroll among the mangroves near Cape Tribulation
- Enjoy a Daintree river cruise, where you might encounter saltwater crocodiles
- Visit the James Cook Museum - a heritage listed former convent school (entrance fee not included)
- Glide metres above the pristine jungle canopy on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Explore picturesque Kuranda Village at leisure
- Spot waterbirds & crocodiles at Lake Mitchell
- Visit the historic Lions Den Hotel in Helensvale