WHAT TO BRING
- Your Empty Esky to fill up in the townships and farmers market
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Warm layers in cooler months
- Money to spend in the towns and markets
- A low level of fitness is required for this tour
- In collaboration with the #EmptyEsky movement, journey to historic Kangaroo Valley and take in morning tea at a local café, or take the opportunity to buy locally-made preserves, leather goods, antiques or artwork in one of the town's stores. Kangaroo Valley is also known for its incredible pies, so make sure you start filling your esky, and take one (or many!) home for later on.
- Next stop is the bustling Nowra Farmers Market, jam packed with local farmers' produce for you to taste and buy, knowing every cent goes directly to the growers. Take the opportunity to fill up your Esky, as you spend time getting to know the local market stall owners, and maybe even the farmers themselves. A moving opportunity to spend time with those who are so passionate about their produce, and truly give back to the local community.
- Following your market visit, you’ll take part in a unique, private buffet lunch, at Bangalay Dining, made from locally sourced and native ingredients, and hosted by those who’ve produced them. At Bangalay, the menu showcases the abundance of produce from the local region, such as Eucalyptus and Geraldton Wax, as well as the Banksia which surrounds the property. Each day, a different producer will be on hand at lunch to share with you their story of recovery, and how you can help. From the Baker, to the Farmer, or even the Winemaker – these remarkable stories of resilience are truly moving.
- Make sure you bring along your Empty Esky to fill up along the way! Your Esky can be stored under the vehicle.
- Your return to Sydney will be approximately 5-6pm.
- Join AAT Kings and #MakeTravelMatter