BRUNY ISLAND WALKING TOUR
4 DAY BRUNY ISLAND WALKING TOUR
- DISCOVER THE REMOTE BEAUTY OF TASMANIA
- TREK THE CAPE QUEEN ELIZABETH TRACK & MORE
INCLUDES FERRY RETURN TRANSFERS FROM HOBART
Bruny Island is one of Australia’s best-kept secrets. Located at the southern end of Tasmania, the island is full of pristine white-sand beaches, lush bushland, unique wildlife and truly spectacular views. Discover the full extent of its rugged and remote beauty with this four-day walking tour, the best way to experience such a remarkably preserved natural habitat.
Stay at the 4.5 star Bruny Island Lodge and enjoy delicious meals and trail snacks to fuel you up for your daily adventures. Look out for the Bruny White Wallaby and birds such as penguins, swift parrots and forty-spotted pardalotes. Discover dolerite rock formations at Miles Beach; take in the views from Mount Bleak and Mount Mangana; visit the Big and Little Lagoon along the coastline; walk to the Apex of Mars Bluff, the Fluted Cape Circuit and the Cape Queen; Elizabeth Track; and spend time at the Lighthouse at Cape Bruny. Your experienced local guides will accompany you each step of the way to talk you through the fauna, flora and history of this beautiful part of Australia.
Package includes three nights accommodation, 10 meals, minivan transfers and even your return ferry transfers from Kettering to Bruny Island - just don’t forget to pack the camera and a great pair of hiking shoes!
- Trek the Cape Queen Elizabeth Track
- Visit the Big and Little Lagoon along the coastline
- Walk to the Apex of Mars Bluff and see the beautiful views of The Neck and Fluted Capes
- Discover the magnificent dolerite rock formations at Miles Beach
- Explore the Fluted Cape Circuit and witness dramatic views
- Trek through a eucalyptus forest and Sheoak forest
- Walk the Summit of Fluted Capes and see the sites of dolerite cliffs, Penguin Island & Cape Pillar
- Keep an eye out as you witness a myriad of wildlife, such as the unique Bruny White Wallaby
- Visit Mt. Mangana near Adventure Bay, one of the highest peaks on Bruny
- Pass through the varied species of incredible Bruny flora & fauna
- Walk the Peninsula Circuit and enjoy views of Tasmania's Southern Mountain Range
- Climb to Mount Bleak for more lush views, an area rich with bird life
- Visit the Lighthouse at Cape Bruny
- Walk the white sands of Cloudy Beach before ascending to Cloudy Head