ANTARCTICA EXPEDITION CRUISE
17 DAY ANTARCTICA EXPEDITION CRUISE
- STEP FOOT ON THE GREAT WHITE CONTINENT
- DISCOVER BUENOS AIRES, USHUAIA & MORE
INCLUDES RETURN INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
Embark on a trip of a lifetime to the remote grandeur of Antarctica. The ice crowned wonder is yours to discover on this incredible 17-day package taking in some of the world’s most rugged, remote and spectacular ecosystems, while also uncovering the highlights of Argentina’s urban and natural wonders.
Despite the incredibly low price this trip will travel during peak season when wildlife lovers will be in their element. The conditions are optimum for spotting seal pups, penguin chicks, humpback whales and a plethora of bird species. Additionally, adventure-seekers will have the opportunity to participate in some truly magical experiences as the receding sea ice allows expeditions access to landing spots few people will ever step foot on.
Beginning in Argentina, enjoy a sightseeing tour of historic Buenos Aires; take in Tierra del Fuego National Park; and explore Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost town. Then, board the Albatros Expeditions ‘Ocean Atlantic’ ship and cross the famed Drake Passage to arrive at the captivating South Shetland Islands. After exploring the landscapes and searching for wildlife, continue on to the Antarctic Peninsula, where you’ll enjoy outings to bays, islands and straits on Zodiac boats. The robust Zodiac boats allow those onboard to see Antarctica from a very different perspective and do incredible landings in some very wild places.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience includes return international flights, five nights quality hotel accommodation on tour, a nine-night Antarctic Cruise aboard a purpose-built ship, 28 meals, an English-speaking expedition team and plenty more.
- Discover the mysteries of Antarctica and Argentina
- Witness the highlights of Buenos Aires on a guided tour
- Explore the beautiful parks of the Recoleta and Palermo neighbourhoods
- See the Colon Theatre, Mayo Square and more
- Enjoy a day at leisure in colourful Buenos Aires
- Discover Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost town
- Explore the remarkable Tierra del Fuego on a half day tour
- Cruise to Antarctica during the peak wildlife season
- Cross the famed Drake Passage, the crossroads of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- Be captivated by the scenic South Shetland Islands
- Discover wild life with up to 2 x Zodiac cruises daily during the cruise (weather permitting)
- Step foot on Antarctica with up to 2 x Zodiac Land excursions during the cruise (weather permitting)
- Stop at Deception Island, an extinct volcano with warm waters
- Look for nesting storm petrels and chinstrap penguins on Half Moon Island
- Spot penguins, seals and whales near the Antarctic Peninsula
- Pass the famous Gerlache Strait, where 3000ft ice cliffs rise straight out of the still water
- Cruise past the legendary maritime landmark of Cape Horn