WATERFRONT WALKING TOUR- FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND MONDAY EVERY WEEK
Time & Location
Including our unique complimentary coffee experience. Explore with us Hobart's historical waterfront and secret stories of places and people as only our lifelong Hobart residence tour guide can tell. This tour takes you from our convenient office at Brooke St Pier, 12 Franklin Wharf, around the fascinating and world-famous Salamanca Place to Parliament House, St David's Park, Franklin Square and the site of City Flour Mill. You will learn about the unknown dark side of this beautiful port and historical people. Stories about ghosts, Aboriginal, convict and first settlers. This walking tour will also provide the opportunity to learn about the parks and beautiful native flora against the backdrop of Mount Wellington "Kunyani".
1. Date & Time
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday every week
- Meet at Brooke Street Pier
- You can join a 1-hour walking tour starting either:
- From 9:45 am to 10:45 am
- From 11:45 am to 12:45 pm
- From 1:45 pm to 2:45 pm
2. Bus Pick Up & Drop Off
Meeting point: Brooke St Pier
- Complimentary coffee
- Learn more knowledge about local sites
- English speaking day
- Expand network & Gain experience
- Meet new friends from a diverse background!
- Work locals & engage and support Tasmanian communities
- Support Not-For-Profit Organisation, TWAC, 100% of its profit goes towards charity projects.
5. Join the volunteer weekend
- Adult: $38 per person
- Children (3-15): $19
- Family pass*: $80
*2 Adults & Up to 4 children
In order to register for children and your family, please contact us directly by calling us (03) 6231 3844 or email us at email@example.com.
We are often asked why volunteers need to pay to volunteer. Travel with a Cause (TWAC) understands that it may seem odd. But the question can be answered quickly:
- TWAC’s volunteering programs in Tasmania & overseas are run by Non-Profit Organisations (NPO) like TWAC.
- Most NPOs hardly earn enough money to cover their costs. This is also the main reason your volunteering contribution is needed.
- Fees associated with a volunteer program not just to cover your insurance, transportation & meals, but also a functional administration office that is responsible for coordinating, organizing and processing to make sure both you and the local organisations & communities have a smooth and great volunteering experience.
6. What to bring?
- Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty and sturdy, closed-in shoes
- Wet weather gear if rain forecasted
- Drink bottle (Please bring your own to help reduce plastic waste)
7. Itinerary (The actual time of places visiting might differ from the schedule)
9:45 am: Meet at Brooke St Pier
10:00 am: Depart from Brooke St Pier to visit many gorgeous and historical sites in Hobart CBD
10:45 am: Finish this awesome tour and back to Brooke Street Pier
11:45 am: Meet at Brooke St Pier
12:00 pm: Depart from Brooke St Pier to visit many gorgeous and historical sites in Hobart CBD
12:45 pm: Finish this awesome tour and back to Brooke Street Pier
01:45 pm: Meet at Brooke St Pier
02:00 pm: Depart from Brooke St Pier to visit many gorgeous and historical sites in Hobart CBD
02:45 pm: Finish this awesome tour and back to Brooke Street Pier
8. Conditions of Participation
**Please note, this tour is subject to 100% refundable cancellation**
I agree to comply with the following terms that refer to my participation in Volunteers projects and activities:
1. I have notified Travel with a Cause of all relevant medical conditions and pre-existing injuries, and I consent to Travel with a Cause rendering or authorising such medical treatment as necessary and accept responsibility for all associated expenses.
2. I am a participant and not an employee of Travel with a Cause.
3. I will not smoke, consume or store alcohol or illicit drugs in vehicles, offices, accommodation or while working on a project site.
4. I shall respect the rights, feelings and property of all others associated with the projects.
5. I shall cooperate to ensure a safe, happy and hygienic team environment.
6. My placement on all projects is at the discretion of Travel with a Cause
7. Photographs or videos taken of me on a project can be used for promotional purposes.
8. Payment is subject to a cancellation fee of 50% within 14 days of commencement and 100% within 7 days of commencement. Payment and placements are not transferable.
9. I will have to complete the volunteer work assigned by Travel with a Cause's partner to receive the certificate.
10. Children must be 6 years old and over. Children must be accompanied by adults over 18 years old.
11. I will comply with Travel with a Cause's policies, while also accepting responsibility for my own safety and the safety of my personal belongings. Furthermore, I will not knowingly or carelessly endanger the safety and welfare of any other participants in Travel with a Cause's activities, or endanger the safety of their personal belongings. I understand that failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in Travel with a Cause requesting me to leave immediately and that I may also forego all entitlements relating to projects and payments.
- Volunteering basic fee$38$380$0