Time & Location
1. Position Description
- Role Title: Intern – Registered Nurse
- Status: Part Time
- Time: 3 days per week from 9am to 5pm
- Industrial Instrument: Not Applicable
- Classification: Not Applicable
- Reporting To: Registered Nurse Level 1, Clinical Nurse and Manager of Facility
Note: This internship program is not the placement for certificate III of Individual Support
2. Time & Location
- Business hours from 9am to 5pm
- You will come directly to our partner's location- an aged residential facility 20 to 30 minutes South of Hobart to do the internship
- $980.00* for per person for 3 months internship program, in advance, non-refundable
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- A valid and satisfactory National Police Check or a willingness to undertake one
- A valid NDIS Worker Screening Check or a willingness to undertake one
- A current Visa other than a Visitor or Tourist Visa
- A certificate to prove that you have completed the internship program at the aged residential facility
- Reference letters from both Travel With A Cause and the aged residential facility
- A chance to get a job offer (depend on your performance)
- Practical experience to supplement your CV
6. Work Health and Safety
At CHT, you must be aware of and comply with requirements of the relevant Workplace Health and Safety legislation and associated regulations. This includes taking responsibility for your own health and safety and that of others in the workplace and complying with the organisations work health and safety policies and procedures.
7. Purpose of Role
The position of Intern – Registered Nurse is responsible for contributing to the provision of quality care and services within a Residential Aged Care setting. Contributing to the delivery of care and services in a way that demonstrates appropriate knowledge, capability and genuine care for residents and clients and their choices.
8. Key accountabilities Contribute toward excellence in care and service delivery and achieving exceptional levels of resident and client satisfaction at CHT, which includes but is not restricted to:
- Maintaining best practice within the clinical domain.
- Deliver the highest level of direct clinical care including assessment and individual case management
- Treating residents and clients with dignity and respect and supporting them to maintain their identity.
- Supporting residents and clients with respect to their independence and making informed choices about their care, services and living the life they choose.
- Undertake initial and ongoing assessment and planning for care in partnership with the resident, with a focus on optimising health and well-being in accordance with the resident’s needs, goals and preferences.
- Participates in the implementation of assessments and care planning for new residents on admission to meet criteria for Aged Care Act and Accreditation standards.
- Review and maintaining of care plans in conjunction with ACFI.
- Develop a knowledge of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI).
- Contributing to resident and client care that is safe and effective and meets their needs goals and preferences to optimise their health, well-being, independence and quality of life.
- Maintain accurate, timely and appropriately detailed documentation in Person Centred Software (PCS). Undertake audits and surveys as requested;
- An ability to successfully contribute towards team work, fostering a positive and progressive workplace culture.Establishing and maintaining constructive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders relevant to the position, including attendance and active participation at relevant meetings as requested.
- A commitment to providing feedback and supporting resident and clients to have input and provide feedback.
- Developing knowledge of organisational policies & procedures and legislation relevant to the position of Intern - Registered Nurse and the Aged Care sector, including the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development and continuous improvement relevant to your position, business unit and the Aged Care sector.
- Complete organisational compulsory training requirements.
- Undertake other duties as are within your level of competence and training
9. Key skill requirements/competencies An employee at this level requires:
- A proven ability to effectively work towards delivering the key accountabilities of the position through the period of the internship.
- An ability to develop an understanding of person-centred care including the ability to interact with residents and clients to identify their strengths and understand and encourage their goals.
- An ability to successfully work as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including conflict resolution and an ability to build positive relationship with residents, clients and colleagues.
- A commitment to developing knowledge of relevant laws, Acts, regulations, standards and guidelines that are relevant to the position of Intern – Registered Nurse and the Aged Care sector and incorporate them into all aspects of the position.
- An ability to develop and understanding regarding protecting the rights and needs of the residents and clients on an ongoing basis including; in relation to privacy, compulsory reporting and respecting resident’s space.
- Proven adaptability and flexibility including the ability to deal with change.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Fee For A 3-Month Internship$980$9800$0