HORSES FOR THERAPY
Time & Location
1. Date & Time
- 10:00 am Saturday 29th May meet @TWAC
- Bus departs at 10:30 am
- Arrive Hobart by 3:00 pm (Arrival time may differ)
2. Bus Pick Up & Drop Off
Meeting point: Travel with a Cause Office
- Volunteer certificate
- Group transportation
- Pet a horse & take photos
- Lunch, drinks & snacks
- Expand network & Gain experience
- Meet new friends from a diverse background!
- Work locals & engage and support Tasmanian communities.
- Support Not-For-Profit Organisation, TWAC, 100% of its profit goes towards charity projects.
5. Join the volunteer weekend
- $79 per person
We are often asked why volunteers need to pay to volunteer. Travel with a Cause (TWAC) understands that it may seem odd. But the question can be answered quickly:
- TWAC’s volunteering programs in Tasmania & overseas are run by Non-Profit Organisations (NPO) like TWAC.
- Most NPOs hardly earn enough money to cover their costs. This is also the main reason your volunteering contribution is needed.
- Fees associated with a volunteer program not just to cover your insurance, transportation & meals, but also a functional administration office that is responsible for coordinating, organizing and processing to make sure both you and the local organisations & communities have a smooth and great volunteering experience.
6. What to bring?
- Wear long sleeve tops and pants along with sturdy shoes
- Strongly suggest to wear hat (sunhat or beanie depending on the weather) and sunscreen
- Wet weather gear if rain forecasted
- Water bottle (Please bring your own to help reduce plastic waste)
- Working gloves if you have your own
7. Itinerary (The actual time of places visiting might differ from the schedule)
10:00 am Meet at TWAC
10:30 am Bus departs for Leslie Vale
11:00 am Arrive Leslie Vale
11:00 am- 11:10 am Meet with Jane who will explain how it is healthier for horses to stay in a herd and get up close to the horses and see how they are saddled up.
11:10 am- 12:00 pm Volunteer session 1
12:00 pm - 12:15 pm Morning tea & get a chance to pet a horse
12:15 am - 1:00 pm Volunteer session 2
1:00 pm- 1:20 pm Depart to Dru Point for lunchtime
1:20 pm - 2:20 pm Lunchtime
2:20 pm Depart back to Hobart CBD
3:00 pm Arrive Hobart (Return time depends on numbers and availability)
8. Conditions of Participation
Please make sure you have read through the COIVD-19 policy, details & the conditions of participants in the volunteer program details section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M4oKhxsiCvF2m10S-t86xYtUGrfdd5mF/view
I agree to comply with the following terms that refer to my participation in Volunteers projects and activities:
1. I have notified Travel with a Cause of all relevant medical conditions and pre-existing injuries, and I consent to Travel with a Cause rendering or authorising such medical treatment as necessary and accept responsibility for all associated expenses.
2. I am a volunteer and not an employee of Travel with a Cause.
3. I will not smoke, consume or store alcohol or illicit drugs in vehicles, offices, accommodation or while working on a project site.
4. I shall respect the rights, feelings and property of all others associated with the projects.
5. I shall cooperate to ensure a safe, happy and hygienic team environment.
6. My placement on all projects is at the discretion of Travel with a Cause
7. Photographs or videos taken of me on a project can be used for promotional purposes.
8. Payment is subject to a cancellation fee of 50% within 14 days of commencement and 100% within 7 days of commencement. Payment and placements are not transferable.
9. I will have to complete the volunteer work assigned by Travel with a Cause's partner to receive the certificate.
10. Children must be 6 years old and over. Children must be accompanied by adults over 18 years old.
11. I will comply with Travel with a Cause's policies, while also accepting responsibility for my own safety and the safety of my personal belongings. Furthermore, I will not knowingly or carelessly endanger the safety and welfare of any other participants in Travel with a Cause's activities, or endanger the safety of their personal belongings. I understand that failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in Travel with a Cause requesting me to leave immediately and that I may also forego all entitlements relating to projects and payments.
- Volunteering Basic Fee$79$790$0