End of Exams Harbour Cruise
Time & Location
**Please read and accept TWAC COVID-19 Volunteer Day Policy**
1. Date & Time
- 2:00 pm Monday 16 November 2020 @ Brooke Street Pier
- 2:30 pm cruise departs
- Cruise returns by 4:30 pm
2. Meeting Point
Brooke Street Pier
12 Franklin Wharf, Hobart
2-hour cruise around the Harbour
- Pizza lunch, drink & snacks
- Karaoke machine
- Open bar
- Guaranteed fun!
Celebrate the end of exams!
- Expand network & Gain experience
- Meet new friends from a diverse background!
- Work locals & organisations that are dedicated to conservation and wildlife protection.
- Support Not-For-Profit Organisation, TWAC, 100% of its profit goes towards charity projects.
5. Join the volunteer weekend
- $125 per person
We are often asked why volunteers need to pay to volunteer. Travel with a Cause (TWAC) understands that it may seem odd. But the question can be answered quickly:
- TWAC’s volunteering programs in Tasmania & overseas are run by Non-Profit Organisations (NPO) like TWAC.
- Most NPOs hardly earn enough money to cover their costs. This is also the main reason your volunteering contribution is needed.
- Fees associated with a volunteer program not just to cover your insurance, transportation & meals, but also a functional administration office that is responsible for coordinating, organizing and processing to make sure both you and the local organisations & communities have a smooth and great volunteering experience.
6. What to bring?
- A lovely singing voice!
- Warm clothes if rain or wind forecasted
- Drink bottle (Please bring your own to help reduce plastic waste)
7. Itinerary (The actual time of places visiting might differ from the schedule)
02:00 pm - Meet at Brooke Street Pier, 12 Franklin Wharf, Hobart
02:30 pm - Harbour cruise departs
Arrive back to Brooke Street Pier 4:30 pm
8. Conditions of Participation
**Please note, this tour is subject to 100% refundable cancellation**
I agree to comply with the following terms that refer to my participation in Volunteers projects and activities:
1. I have notified Travel with a Cause of all relevant medical conditions and pre-existing injuries, and I consent to Travel with a Cause rendering or authorising such medical treatment as necessary and accept responsibility for all associated expenses.
2. I am a volunteer and not an employee of Travel with a Cause.
3. I will not smoke, consume or store alcohol or illicit drugs in vehicles, offices, accommodation or while working on a project site.
4. I shall respect the rights, feelings and property of all others associated with the projects.
5. I shall cooperate to ensure a safe, happy and hygienic team environment.
6. My placement on all projects is at the discretion of Travel with a Cause
7. Photographs or videos taken of me on a project can be used for promotional purposes.
8. Payment is subject to a cancellation fee of 50% within 14 days of commencement and 100% within 7 days of commencement. Payment and placements are not transferable.
9. I will have to complete the volunteer work assigned by Travel with a Cause's partner to receive the certificate.
10. Children must be 6 years old and over. Children must be accompanied by adults over 18 years old.
11. I will comply with Travel with a Cause's policies, while also accepting responsibility for my own safety and the safety of my personal belongings. Furthermore, I will not knowingly or carelessly endanger the safety and welfare of any other participants in Travel with a Cause's activities, or endanger the safety of their personal belongings. I understand that failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in Travel with a Cause requesting me to leave immediately and that I may also forego all entitlements relating to projects and payments.
- Harbour Cruise basic fee$125$1250$0
- Paying for your friend$125$1250